- The site where peking man was excavated was a fire pit.
- After closly obverserving the skulls found at Zhoukan
Cave, scientists have concluded that Peking Man was hunted by humans. After being killed, Peking Man's body was taken to
the cave and the humans ripped open his skull and devoured his brain. However, there are some scientists who disregard this
theory as false. No one really knows for sure how he died.
- In 1933, a number of modern human bones were
found in the upper portion of the same cave. Remember that ancestrial forms of an organism can coexist with the more evolved
- Before Peking Man was classifed as Homo erectus, the new humaniod type was assigned to Pithecanthropus
- Peking Man was named after the city where it was discovered, Peking, China.
Man was believed to be 500,000 years old.
- A motion picture was made after the discovery of Peking Man about his